Are there vampires? Maybe not those classic movie drinkers who drink blood, but you can bet that energy vampires exist and that you actually know at least a few. Moreover, maybe you are one of them!
Energy vampires  are not members of secret occult organizations, nor are those we call energy vampires beings from another dimension, another world, myths or legends. On the contrary, they are very real and there are huge amounts of negative energy all around us. However, that is not enough for them, they are trying their best to exhaust every trace of positive energy from you.
Vampires are among us, and how to recognize them?
Who are they in general and are there really energy vampires? Can we somehow recognize them?
You have probably noticed that different people affect you differently. While some will cheer you up, some will annoy you, and some will kill every germ of joy in you, exhaust you with their nagging and annoying negative remarks and suck all your energy just like vampires drink blood. Well, that’s exactly what energy vampires are – the ones from whose company you literally get sick!
These are all those negative people whose company you don’t enjoy at all. They are able to constantly complain, criticize, feel sorry for themselves, look for guilt, and something bad in everything.
Some of the characteristics by which you can recognize them are the following:
- Too big ego, an eternal debate
- Melodramatic behavior
- Constant resentment and regret over something
- Uncertainty and constant need for support
- Emotional blackmail and feelings of guilt
Do you sometimes feel relief when a person leaves your vicinity, and after that, you have an irresistible desire to escape to a desert island to recover from their company? You can be sure that you were in the company of an energy vampire!
Energy vampirism is not a naive thing at all and very often hides behind good friendships, family, or love relationships.
In casual, short-term acquaintances, you will rarely identify an energy vampire, unless you have a strong level of empathy and are emotionally easy to move. They are not very dangerous. They come, sow their dose of negativity, and leave. The worst ones though are the ones that are near you every day and that continually exhausts you.
And what do they look like and how do they lurk?
Although they often sound sick, they usually look great because they are full of energy. They know how to tactically crawl under your skin, lift you to the heavens and do everything to attract your attention. Then when they catch you in a trap, they start to exhaust you with their irritating behavior. They are excellent emotional manipulators.
You can believe in vampires or suspect that they exist, but you cannot deny that there is energy in humans. Undoubtedly, you can feel when it is positive, and when it is negative. We need the energy to live and function. For some, the one they have is enough, and for some, they simply always need more attention, understanding, pity, confirmation, and whatever. Looking for it in other people they become emotional vampires.
Types of energy vampires
There are several types of these people. Some of them are aware of their actions and deliberately spread negative energy because that way they feel better, more powerful, stronger. Such are very often those energetic vampires in a relationship who are skilled emotional manipulators. Others are completely unaware of what they are doing.
There are 10 types of energy vampires, among whom you may be:
1. “Poor me” vampire. These are all those nagging people who will drown you with stories in which they are eternal victims, who are constantly complaining about something, against whom the whole world has turned. It is very easy to fall under their influence because their behavior provokes and expects empathy. These are passive-aggressive types of emotional manipulators. They are not independent and they love to ask for services or advice from other people, but at the same time, they have resistance towards them. No piece of advice is ever good enough and they have a “but” for everything. They don’t know what they want, they don’t have their own opinion and they often pretend to be someone else’s.
2. Playwright. There are claims that women are better vampires than men. Maybe not always, but when it comes to this category, they definitely won. Hence the epithet “Queen of Drama”. You must know at least one! That doesn’t mean there aren’t men who are dramatic. All of them, without exception, know how to make an elephant out of a fly and a huge incident out of a little inconvenience, in order to be in the center of attention.
3. Joker. Although at first glance it may seem harmless and positive, this type of vampire can deplete your energy as well as those who do not know how to find themselves at all. We all have days when the sun warms us and it rains. This emotional vampire doesn’t have them. He is able to talk non-stop and make jokes, which he expects our enthusiasm for. And that’s really exhausting.
4. Critic. This type of vampire openly wastes negative energy, eternally criticizing what others do. Nothing is ever good enough for them, and they rarely take matters into their own hands to do better. They are not activists, only linguists whose goal is to provoke a feeling of guilt in you.
5. A jealous vampire. This emotional vampire is possessive, he keeps his own, but someone else’s is always better and more beautiful and he is never satisfied with what he has. Learn more in the text about pathological jealousy.
6. A controller is a kind that will especially exhaust you at work. People like this like to keep everything in their hands, they don’t trust, they don’t leave anything to others, they are the smartest, they have an opinion about everything and a cure and a lesson for everyone.
7. Narcissus. We all like to talk about ourselves, but no one likes this type of energy vampire. The world turns only because of them, and you are only there to hear about it.
8. Paranoids are negative people who are exhausted by a negative view of the world and fear when it exists, but also when it has no basis at all. They see in everything a reason for fear, deception, and sow it in the surroundings.
9. An insecure vampire is one of those who seek your pity. Once they catch you, they will ask for constant confirmation from you that they are good enough, that they know how and they need eternal support to walk through life.
10. An ambitious person is a type of vampire who has excess energy and forces you to follow his rhythm even when you are not able to. He only talks about money, work, success, ambitions, and plans.
Did you recognize yourself somewhere?
Each of us has moments when we need attention. What distinguishes emotional vampires from the average person is the constant need to receive attention, without any will, desire, or intention to return it.
How to get rid of negative energy
Just a few minutes with an energy vampire can ruin your day and make you feel nervous, irritated, broken, listless, and even have headaches.
So you need to know how to protect yourself and how to get rid of negative energy.
No, neither garlic nor hawthorn will help. Just a little self-confidence and self -esteem.
First of all, you need to assess who your vampire is and who drain your energy. Although we have a habit of personifying situations like this, other things can distract our energy. The Internet is one of them. Do you feel the need to send all the news and messages and check emails and social networks 20 times within an hour? This is one of the ways to bombard yourself with unnecessary information, most often negative because people enjoy sensations and the media offers them the most, and all that can drain energy from you.
The second step is to assess how important your relationship is with the person who showers you with such energy. If your relationship is not that important, then the easiest solution is to turn around and run away from his company. You are not obliged to tolerate negativity out of decency, nor to have regard for someone who has no consideration for you.
Do not engage in discussions, conversations, and do not look them in the eye. Ignore them, in other words. Let them hold their monologue and do not light a fire with additional topics.
Surround yourself with positive people and choose your company. Just as pessimism is contagious, so are positive emotions. Surround yourself with people who care about you, not just themselves.
Keep yourself in the company of three or more people. Some vampires will retreat in front of a crowd because they prefer to complain in 4 eyes, but yes, some of them will continue their “poor self” show even then. However, the burden of watching that show will not be only on you and you will see how others react in the situation and maybe learn something from it.
Energy vampires have no empathy, do not know how to put themselves in your perspective, and are selfish. They do not provide – they just take!
Their goal is to bring you down to their level and make you feel equally bad. In other words, intentionally or not, people like this don’t really want the best for you.
Help! My best friend is an energy vampire!
You have certainly recognized some of your loved ones among the types of energy vampires described above. Maybe your best friend is one of them! Yes, just the one who exhausts you day and night with stories about her emotional relationship, ex or current boyfriend, breakup, and who is forever in some trouble. Sometimes you just need to be a shoulder to cry on. Either way, this can be exhausting. It will eventually be easier for her, but you will feel overwhelmed with garbage and you will look for a way to get rid of negative energy.
There are vampires everywhere. It can be your jealous colleague who will make your day at work bitter with his all-day negativity, your parents to whom you are never good enough and who constantly criticize you.
Particularly toxic are energy vampires in a relationship. A healthy emotional connection should be based on harmony and trust, and not on competition in whose ego is stronger. In such cases, someone is always a victim, and someone sees his status as more powerful, so he becomes a real emotional manipulator. It can very easily make your head spin in such a vicious circle. And that’s not naive!
Lack of energy can lead to depression and even serious illness.
You can easily turn your back on someone who doesn’t mean much to you in life, but what about the person you love? How to protect yourself from energy vampires who are close to you?
Here are some ways:
- Don’t take their behavior to heart. This may seem cold-blooded to you, but don’t neglect your emotional state just to let others feed their ego. Let the lamentations and criticisms come in one ear and get out the other and don’t let them disturb you.
- Set boundaries. React when they overdo it and let them know that they should be considerate for other people
- Change the focus of the story and turn things on a brighter side, if you manage to get the word out. It will take time for you to perfect this the way your oppressors have perfected to bother you. But the blow needs to be returned.
- Don’t feel guilty. You don’t have to solve their problems, at least when they don’t want them solved.
With energy vampires, it is the same as with those mythical creatures. Once they infect you you become like them.
You don’t believe it?
Have you noticed that in the company of someone who is constantly complaining, you are looking for a way to adjust and that you are also complaining? If you do this every day, it becomes a habit that you pass on to other people. Congratulations! You became an energy vampire!
Apparently, vampires have existed since ancient times, and it would not be surprising at all that the myth of those who drink blood originated as a different view and transmitted meaning of energy vampirism.
Are you still wondering if vampires exist or do you no longer doubt it?