If you don’t know how to make pickled fish at home quickly, and most importantly, tasty, we will share with you the secrets of making a pickle mackerel, very tasty fish.
Many housewives prefer to buy ready-made salted fish. At first glance, it’s easier and faster. But making pickled fish at home with your own hands is much better. It always turns out to be much tastier and safer than purchased. The product passes through your hands. You will see how to salt fish, what spices to put and how much salt to pour.
The secrets of making delicious pickled fish:
- Fish should be selected oily, elastic, with a characteristic pleasant smell, without yellowness, spots and damage;
- Use ordinary large and not iodized salt;
- It is possible to use both live and frozen fish.
Salted mackerel can be served as a finished dish or used in a variety of fish salads, appetizers or sandwiches.
If you try at least once, you will understand that it is very simple to do this. You will not need any complicated ingredients, no special equipment, no extra time and effort. According to our recipe, salted mackerel will be ready in 10 hours.
Read also: How to make pizza at home
- 2 fresh mackerels,
- 2 onions,
- 1 lime,
- 3-4 tbsp. of vegetable oil,
- 1 tbsp. sugar,
- 2 bay leaves,
- 5 peas of allspice,
- 5 peas of black pepper,
- 2 clove buds,
- 5 tbsp. of salt,
- 1 liter of water.
Cooking Pickled Fish:
- Before salting the mackerel, gut the fish, rinse thoroughly and dry it. It is better not to throw caviar, leave it for salting. Then cut off the heads and tails, remove skin, separate the spine with bones and fins, and cut the fillet in portions.
- Add salt, sugar, spices in water and boil for 3 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the brine stand under the lid for at least 10 minutes. Then cool the brine to room temperature.
- Put the mackerel in a glass or enamel bowl, pour in the cooled brine. Put salted mackerel in the refrigerator for 10 hours or overnight.
- Cut the onion into thin rings. Squeeze juice out of lime.
- Remove the mackerel from the brine, lay onion rings on top, drizzle with lime juice and add vegetable oil.
- Serve salted mackerel with steaming boiled potatoes, vegetable salad or just a slice of sweet brown bread.