Did you know that Candida Albicans can be the cause of your obesity? Not only that, but it can also create chaos in the body, and some of the dangers you would not even associate with it.
Candida albicans  can become very dangerous when not diagnosed in time. And it’s not easy. The symptoms are often very confusing and sometimes have nothing to do with the stomach and intestines.
Do you know what the role of the gut is?
They are part of the digestive system. Food is broken down in them and the intestines have the task of picking up nutrients from the food. From there, they send them through the bloodstream throughout the body. But when too much candida occurs in the intestines, then it releases mycotoxins which, through the intestines, reach the bloodstream.
Toxins are not something that will affect your health but can play with the processes in our body. Hence that irresistible desire to eat sweets!
Do you get up in the morning and immediately need to sweeten the day and reach for chocolate? Then you should definitely read what role candida albicans can play in that.
What is candida albicans?
Candida albicans is a type of yeast that is actually a human part. We have it on the skin, but also on the mucous membrane and inside our body, and especially in the intestines. Candida in the intestines is not a disease, nor is its presence there something abnormal. It, like the bacteria found in the gut, has a role to play in breaking down food and you won’t have any problems with it unless things get out of hand.
And when do fungi in the gut become a problem?
Then when, for some reason, you have too many!
Everything in nature, including the human body, functions well while in its natural balance. Any imbalance leads to more or less serious consequences. It’s the same with candida albicans – in normal amounts, it just plays its role. Too much becomes a real pest in your body.
Therefore, the fungus itself in the intestines is not a problem. The problem is when it multiplies a lot in the body and when the so-called systemic candidiasis occurs .
Candida albicans symptoms
Although it sounds like the symptoms of candida albicans in the intestines could be related to some stomach problems, it’s not just that. This fungus has the ability to penetrate the bloodstream and circulate through the body, endangering parts of the body that have nothing to do with digestion. Digestive problems are not ruled out. Often, symptoms of gastrointestinal candidiasis include indigestion, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea. But they also include a number of other symptoms that are a consequence of the fact that it can “poison” any part of the body through the bloodstream.
The biggest danger that candida carries in the intestines is that it is very often treated incorrectly!
Symptoms of candida in the stomach include the following:
- Chronic fatigue and exhaustion. In fact, candidiasis can be a hidden cause of fibromyalgia .
- Poor memory, poor concentration, memory holes, and even attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Frequent mood swings, nervousness, depression
- Incredible craving for sweets and pasta
- Skin changes and nail fungus, lesions, eczema rashes…
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid problems, multiple sclerosis, lupus, psoriasis….
- Vaginal infections
- Decreased immunity, a tendency to seasonal allergies, and itching in the ears.
Too much candida in the intestines is a serious problem. Obesity and cravings for sweets are just one of them. If you look around a bit, you will notice that a large number of women who have a problem with being overweight have the same problem and usually sound like this:
“I can somehow do everything, but I can’t leave sweets at all! And pasta! I just love pastries!”
Does this sound familiar to you?
Maybe that’s where the problem really is.
Candida is a fungus that feeds on carbohydrates. When there is too much of it, your need for sweets becomes greater. Then when you are not getting enough sweets, it takes in the carbohydrates you need to give you energy. And that’s where it comes a feeling of exhaustion and desire for sweets.
Candida albicans test
It may sound crazy to visit a doctor with the conclusion that you are eating too much sweets and pasta and that is why you are gaining weight. The symptoms of candida albicans in the intestines are sometimes confusing and can lead to the wrong treatment. Of course, if he listens to you carefully and asks all the necessary questions to establish the diagnosis, the doctor will suspect on candidiasis.
To determine if you really have a problem, you need to do a blood, stool, and urine test. These are all lab tests that will show if you have a problem or not and if the candida has spread throughout your body.
In addition to these lab tests, you can also try one small home test for candida. It is a saliva test and you only need a glass of water for it.
If you have a really large number of fungi in your body, they will also be found in your saliva.
Do the following:
- Fill a glass with water the night before bed
- In the morning, spit into a glass as soon as you get up
The first morning saliva will give the best results, so put a glass of water next to the bed so that you can do it as soon as you wake up. Do not bother to accumulate a mouth full of saliva or drink water – flush out the fungus and reduce their concentration in saliva. What little there is, spit it out right away.
The results of this test are not valid as laboratory tests, but they are faster and may indicate a problem.
How to interpret the results of the candida test with saliva?
After 15 minutes, look at the glass of water.
- If the saliva has dissolved or is floating on the surface, everything is fine with you.
- If you notice that the trace of saliva on the surface has spread to the depth, that fibers are spreading from it, that part of the saliva has fallen to the bottom because it is heavier than water and that the water has become a little cloudy – it is a sign that you may have a candida problem.
How is candida albicans obtained in the intestines?
We all have it. The only question is in what quantities.
A healthy organism simply fights candida and creates balance. An organism with a weakened immunity can find itself in trouble!
In addition to fungi, there are also healthy gastrointestinal bacteria, whose job is to break down food, but also to keep the fungus under control. As long as there is a balance between good bacteria and candida in the intestines, everything is fine. When it breaks down, a problem arises.
The causes of candida albicans in the intestines are:
- Poor diet with too much sugar, either in the form of sweets or too many carbohydrates (say too much pasta)
- Too much alcohol
- Consuming too many fermented products. Kombucha and kefir are healthy and healing, but don’t overdo it, especially if you suspect candidiasis!
- Stress – it raises the level of the hormone cortisol but also the level of sugar in the blood, which affects the development of fungi in the intestines
- Use of antibiotics. In addition to bad bacteria, they also destroy good ones and create conditions for the development of candida albicans.
- Taking birth control pills. These pills that you take so you don’t have to wonder “Why is my period late?” can have these side effects.
What is actually happening as a result of all this?
Bad habits weaken your immune system and it does not have the strength to fight the candida invasion. In addition, in this way, an acidic environment is created in the body, which favors the development of fungi.
There are also theories that cancer is actually a fungus and that it is necessary to alkalize the body to treat cancer. All in all, excess fungus penetrates your bloodstream and “attacks” other parts of the body. If you ignore it long enough, you will have as much life energy as a squeezed rag!
Anti candida diet – the first phase of treating gastrointestinal fungus!
The treatment of candida in the stomach has several stages.
The first stage is killing the fungus and cleansing the body. At this stage, you need to be careful about what kind of food you eat and food that the fungi could feed on is strictly forbidden. In addition, drink plenty of water to help the body flush out toxins faster and easier. In other words, you need to starve the fungus. Since you can’t really eat anything, it requires a special anti-candida diet.
An anti-candida diet is actually a diet with reduced carbohydrate intake.
The following foods are strictly forbidden in the anti-candida diet:
- milk because it contains milk sugar and dairy products with some mold cultures as well as kefir
- pasta and cereals
- vegetables rich in starch such as potatoes, carrots and similar
- beans and legumes that are difficult to digest
- mushrooms, because they are also a type of fungus
- coffee, tea, fruit juices, medicinal beverages made from mushrooms such as kombucha
- processed products because they contain additives and hidden sugars. So, there are no canned products and meat, smoked meat, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup…
You must be wondering now what you can eat ?
In the anti candida diet it is allowed to eat the following:
- vegetables, best steamed – kale, cabbage, spinach, tomato, zucchini, broccoli, onion, eggplant, celery, olives
- dairy products with live bacterial cultures (yogurt)
- chicken, beef, turkey, eggs
- water, mint, cinnamon or ginger tea, dandelion and nettle tea
- spices herbs are allowed, olive oil, coconut oil
- probiotics, ground flax because they can improve digestion
This process of cleaning and starving the fungus takes at least two weeks, but it can also take months.
An anti-candida diet is a big challenge but keep in mind that it is not something you should follow for the rest of your life.
Candida albicans is not a disease like celiac disease  or diabetes , but a transient imbalance in your body that can be cured. Then when you get rid of the fungus, you will be able to go back to the foods you love.
Treatment with natural remedies – the second phase of treatment!
The second phase of treatment involves the use of some natural methods. Candida albicans can cause various problems and its treatment is not a simple dose of antifungal pills. It takes a long time to kill them. And just as treating bacterial inflammation requires fighting bacteria, so treating gastrointestinal candidiasis requires fighting fungus.
Teas against candida albicans
Looking for a natural remedy? Then anti-candida teas are the best choice. They are easy to prepare and even easier to consume, even when they are not overly tasty.
- Ginger tea. There is no more powerful or simpler tea to make. Ginger is known for its health benefits, it works against bacteria and fungi and other microbes and boosts the immune system.
To prepare the tea, you need 1 piece of fresh ginger root, 2 glasses of water, and a little lemon juice. Bring the water to a boil, then add the peeled and chopped ginger root. You can also order it. Season with a little lemon juice.
- Dandelion root tea. Here’s a reason to rejoice in the spring when there are dandelions on all sides. Dandelion root is considered a good prebiotic . A prebiotic is not the same as a probiotic. A prebiotic is food for good bacteria. In this way, the development of good bacteria is encouraged and candida albicans is defeated.
To prepare this tea, you need a spoonful of finely chopped dandelion root and 2 glasses of water. The dandelion is cooked until the water boils, then leave the tea to cool for 15 minutes. Drink 2 times a day.
- Nettle leaf tea supports immunity and is very rich in vitamins and minerals, excellent as a detoxifier.
Preparation: Put a teaspoon of dried nettle leaf in a cup of boiling water. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, strain, and drink.
Candida albicans treatment with baking soda
It is believed that the development of fungi is helped by an acidic environment, so it is quite logical to look for a cure for candida albicans in alkaline foods.
And what is the first thing that comes to your mind when talking about them?
Well of course, baking soda!
To treat candida albicans with baking soda, it is necessary to drink a solution of one tablespoon of baking soda and a glass of water every day, half an hour before a meal.
Other ways to naturally treat candida albicans
When we talk about natural healing, then we usually first think of various teas, but there are other natural preparations that help treat candida albicans:
Garlic is known to improve immunity and to be powerful in the fight against microorganisms of various kinds.
Wild oregano oil is very often mentioned as a remedy against candida. Although this is a natural remedy, it is very strong and its use in sensitive areas is not recommended. It can be used to treat external skin changes caused by a fungal infection, but it can also be used for internal use. If you use pure 100% concentrated oregano oil, one drop is enough. It is not recommended to use it at the same time with an antibiotic, although you may sometimes be advised to take an antifungal medicine with the antibiotic. In fact, in that case, you need a probiotic!
Probiotics are nothing but living microorganisms that make up our intestinal flora. You have probably already seen probiotic yogurts with active bacterial cultures such as Lactobacillus acidophilus. By consuming such products, either in the form of yogurt or supplements, you restore the intestinal microflora and allow good bacteria to maintain control over the development of candida.
Apple cider vinegar acts as a prebiotic. It, therefore, supports the functioning of the bacterial flora in the intestines and acts as a good method of treating candida albicans. It is necessary to dissolve a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water three times a day and drink it before a meal.
Return to normal – the third phase of candida albicans treatment!
How do you know you started beating candida albicans?
Starving fungi and killing them will also leave some symptoms on the body. And we warn you – they are not pleasant and can worry you even more!
These are the symptoms of candida reduction that you can feel:
- Increased sweating
- Stomach problems, nausea, gas, constipation, diarrhea
- Poor brain function
Feeling bad is just a consequence of releasing a huge amount of toxins from your body. These symptoms of candida destruction disappear after 10 days.
Of course, if you have any doubts, visit your doctor!
Once you get rid of the candida, you will feel that your energy is spinning again, and your need for sweets will be less. Then it is time to slowly return to foods that were forbidden during the anti-candida diet. Additional amounts of vitamin C will help the organs recover from toxins.
There are, of course, preventive measures that will prevent the appearance of fungi. Avoid stressful situations that can increase blood sugar, eat properly, exercise. Of course, it is superfluous to say that you should not take antibiotics on your own, both when you should and when you should not.
Can we blame candida albicans for being overweight
Stomach fungi can be the cause of increased cravings for sweets. Along with that comes obesity, and from there you are well on your way to developing diabetes or some autoimmune disease. So it can be the cause of many things.
Candida albicans can affect memory and concentration, but it does not affect the desire for sweets. It is more of a biochemical process and less of a desire. You influence your desires on your own, with your willpower.
If the need for sweets remains after this cleansing, maybe your problem is not fungi. You don’t need an anti-candida diet then, you need to reconsider your attitude towards food. But if you feel bad in your body, you are exhausted, in a bad mood, you treat this problem by eating sweets because your “body asks for it” and you are gaining weight, then think carefully and ask yourself – Are you feeding yourself or are you actually feeding your fungi?