Does your hair look like straw crying out for care? A natural hair mask for dry hair can provide good care. We bring you some good ones!
Shortening of dry and flowering ends is a safer and faster option, but if you don’t like the idea of hairstyles for short hair because you want long hair, here are a few ways you can try to recover it.
Eliminate the causes of dry hair
Why is hair dry?
The fact is that this type of hair is not something that happened overnight unless you really tried to be in trend at all costs, so you fried it with blanching and curling, and then changed your mind and tried to straighten it with a hair straightener. For this combination of decisions, it is definitely the right choice hair mask for dry hair.
Hair appearance is influenced by numerous factors to which we expose it every day, both internal and external. Here are some of them:
- Poor diet in which there are not enough vitamins and minerals to nourish the hair, as well as insufficient intake of drinking water.
- Frequent blow-drying of hair and exposure to heat and dry air. A lot of time spent in the sun will not only cause changes in the skin but over time it will also affect your hair. In the same way, hair is affected in winter time with spending time in warm rooms with dry air.
- Too much coloring and chemical treatment of hair with hair spray, gels, foams, and similar preparations that should keep your hair in a position that you imagined to be perfect, and which excludes naturally released hair.
- Washing your hair too often, more than three times a week, which removes natural oils from the scalp. When the scalp is dry, so is the hair. As the first signal that your skin is dry, you will notice dandruff on your shoulders.
- Hormonal changes, such as those caused by pregnancy or the use of birth control pills or morning-after pill, can also cause hair to be dry and damaged.
- Certain diseases such as thyroid problems , dehydration, anorexia, and malnutrition.
Then when you know the cause, the solution is easy. You need proper care for dry hair:
- If you find that you wash your hair too often, try to reduce it.
- Instead of shampooing, use only water and conditioner on the ends of the hair.
- If you have gone too far with styling, look for another form of hairstyle. Believe me, healthy hair is always in fashion, and it is also one of the details that men love about women.
Set aside one day a week for your hair and be sure to treat it to some good treatment for dry hair that will stay on your head for at least half an hour, so that the hair absorbs its ingredients well.
To avoid the possibility of some chemicals affecting your dry ends again, make your own hair mask for dry hair, from natural ingredients, and switch to natural shampoos without sulfates, parabens, and silicones that only further dry your hair.
What to use for dry hair?
A hair mask can be made easily from ingredients you have at home.
A hair mask for dry hair is not effective if you leave the mask for a short time. You may save money, but you will have to invest a lot of time in proper care.
There are masks that will restore the hair’s natural fat and those that will nourish it.
Hair mask for dry hair based on fat and oil
We have already said that dry hair is a consequence of insufficient production of natural oils on the scalp, specifically sebum secreted by the sebaceous glands, so the logical choice is a natural mask based on natural or less natural oils and fats.
Let’s start with these less natural ones.
Have you tried margarine or mayonnaise as a hair mask for dry hair? It sounds strange, but if we consider that it is effective, then it is not very important.
1. Margarine is not the type of fat that is recommended for eating as a healthy and nauseating meal, but it is great for restoring shine and moisture to dry and cracked hair. The best one is for spreading because it has a creamy structure. In the absence of that, the one for cooking is also good.
Leave the margarine at room temperature to soften or melt it on the fire, but be careful not to get too hot so as not to burn yourself. Apply margarine to your hair and try to soak it well, especially on the ends. Wrap your head in a towel and let the margarine stand on your hair for at least half an hour. Then rinse with shampoo and apply conditioner.
2. Mayonnaise is another simple ready-to-use mask that you can look for in your refrigerator. Mayonnaise is an egg-based product that is full of protein and nourishes your hair, because hair is also made of protein. For this hair mask, it is enough to squeeze a little mayonnaise on your palms and rub it well on your hair. Comb, wrap in a towel, and let stand for half an hour. Then rinse.
Apart from these, there are also those more natural oils if you are a fan of natural cosmetics.
3. Olive oil for hair is a common ingredient in homemade masks that can be combined with other ingredients, although olive oil alone, without additives, is a good treatment for dry hair. You need to heat a little oil on the fire to be lukewarm, and then apply it on your hair and wrap it with a towel.
You can try castor oil for hair in the same way.
4. Coconut oil works wonders in many fields and is considered to be great for dry lifeless hair and can also be used to prevent hair loss. At room temperature, it is not oil but is more in the form of cream, so it is easily applied to the ends.
All oil-based treatments should stay on the hair for a long time so that the hair absorbs the ingredients.
Nourishing masks that soften dry hair
When we say “nourishing masks”, then we primarily mean that they nourish the hair, although most of these ingredients that we will list are absolutely edible. Of course, this does not mean that you need to blend the leftovers from lunch to make a hair mask for dry hair, but you can use some of the following ingredients:
5. Milk is great for softening and just as it can be used to soften the skin, you can use it for dry ends or whole hair. It is necessary to heat a little milk, but not to boil it, just to keep it lukewarm, then rub it into the scalp and apply it on the hair as a mask. Yogurt can work in the same way, so use it in the absence of milk. Leave it on for an hour, wrap your hair in a towel, and then rinse. Milk and dairy products soften and nourish the hair because they are rich in protein.
6. Apple cider vinegar may not have the fabulous scent you are used to when it comes to shampoos, but it is a great treatment for dry hair. Primarily, apple cider vinegar will destroy fungi and bacteria on the scalp if there are any. In addition, it will destroy limescale on your hair.
Believe it or not, one of the reasons why hair is damaged is too hard water full of limescale. Such water damages the outer layer of the hair and clogs the pores, thus preventing sebum and natural oils from nourishing the hair.
Apple cider vinegar will also help protect your hair from chlorine, which is especially important if you are swimming recreationally or professionally.
7. Eggs are another way to add protein and restore hair shine. Add egg yolks to your shampoo or conditioner, apply on your head and leave on for as long as possible. Then rinse.
8. Banana is rich in potassium and an excellent natural hair softener. You don’t need some special bananas for this. Feel free to buy the slightly darker ones that are sold at a lower price like second class bananas. Banana hair mask for dry hair is made simply – mash an overripe banana and possibly add a little olive oil or an egg (or both).
9. Gelatin can also add moisture to your dry hair. Melt a bag of gelatin in lukewarm water, and when it cools and forms a gel, apply to hair. Leave on for as long as possible, then rinse.
10. Honey is one of the natural ingredients that work against bacteria and fungi and perfectly softens and nourishes the hair. Depending on how much it has crystallized (and this happens when you have real, natural honey), you can melt it a little over low heat, or mix it with some other ingredient for easier application.
The best thing about natural hair treatments is the incredible ability to combine them. It is best to make a combination of at least one oil ingredient and one nutrient.
- Mix a little honey, one egg, and a little olive oil for a protein hair mask.
- Mix a little coconut oil with a banana to get an exotic hair mask for dry hair.
The amounts do not have to be strictly determined and depend on the length of your hair. In time, you will find the best combination for your hair.
How to care for dry hair?
Lifeless hair requires a lot of care, attention, patience, and consistency.
You always have at least one of the above mentioned ingredients in the house, whether it is a bag of gelatin, milk or you regularly use some skin or hair care oil regularly, such as almond oil or burdock oil.
Such masks are cheap and useful, and their only drawback is that they have to stay on the head for a long time. That is why it is best for them to become part of a schedule and routine once a week. Neither the preparation of these masks nor their application requires a lot of time. But here’s a suggestion: If you follow a favorite TV series or have an evening surfing ritual on the Internet, this is a great time when natural hair mask for dry hair can stand and act on your hair.
In addition to making a natural hair mask for dry hair, you also need regular and proper care:
- Wash your hair when you have time to dry it naturally. Avoid hair dryers. Wrap your hair in a towel and let it pick up excess moisture for about 10 minutes. Then let it dry naturally.
- Comb, and do not brush your hair. Brushes tear the hair, while with a comb you can painlessly untangle the ends that are especially prone to thinning with dry and damaged hair. It goes without saying that even with a comb, you should be gentle and not tear your hair. That is one of the ways to accelerate hair growth.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water, but it would be ideal if you manage to wash it with colder water. Warm water further dries the hair.
- Choose shampoos that are natural and sulfate-free, because they do not dry out the hair.
- Do you need a hairspray? Commercial hairsprays have alcohol that quickly evaporates and dries the hair. Instead, try sugar water. Dissolve a spoonful of sugar in a glass of water, put it in a spray bottle, or apply it on your hair with your hands. This is a completely natural hair spray for dry and damaged hair. In confidence, it is best to use it in winter, when there are no insects that would be attracted to the sweet.
- Protect your hair from the sun and chemicals. Dye with henna for hair or lighten it in one of the natural ways. In summer, wear a hat, and if you often stay in chlorinated water, swim with a hat.
- Make sure that the air in the room where you are staying is not dry, because that further dries your hair. Get a humidifier.
A hair mask for dry hair can not fix overnight what you have been destroying for months or years. So arm yourself with patience and, above all, with the decision to take care of your hair, and not just worry about trends.
Remember – beautiful hair is really an ornament on a woman, to the same extent that lifeless and damaged hair can be her big flaw.